Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Recipe That I Tried

Low Fat Chicken Lasagna

8 oz. lasagna noodles, uncooked
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen spinach and/or broccoli, thawed and drained well (i just used the spinach)
8 oz grated Mozzarella cheese
1 sm (8oz) carton low fat cottage cheese
1 (32oz) jar spaghetti sauce

Spray 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Pour 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in dish. Place layer of noodles in dish. Place spinach, both kinds of cheese and chicken in dish. Pour about 1 1/2 cups sauce over this. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 mins.


I have started Weight Watchers this week and this is the first meal I made. Its 8 points if you divided it into 6 serving portions. I was very pleasently surprised with this recipe! Ryan even ate it and HE is one of the pickiest eaters I know!!! :]

If I find any more healthy recipes that turn out well I will share them with you! Hope you try it and enjoy! Let me know what you think!

No comments: